Michael Mequio, MD joined Mark Cichowski, MD at the Whidbey Eye Center in 2015 after serving in the Air Force. The Whidbey Eye Center provides advanced medical and surgical eye care. The eye-care team at Whidbey Eye Center is dedicated to high-quality, compassionate care to enhance the lives of their patients. Dr. Mequio enjoys performing humanitarian work as well, and has participated in volunteer missions in the Philippines and Zambia.
Patient Care Philosophy
- Enhance quality of life through improved vision while serving patients in a cost-effective, efficient manner.
- Provide the most advanced, high-quality and compassionate medical care.
- Work in unison with other members of your healthcare team.
Scope of Care
- Comprehensive ophthalmology, including diagnosis and care of cataracts, glaucoma, macular degeneration, diabetic eye disease, corneal disease and many other conditions
- Surgical services, including cataract removal, glaucoma filtering procedures and medical blepharoplasty (eyelid lift)
- Laser treatment for secondary cataracts, diabetic eye disease and retina repair
- The most current intravitreal injection drugs for wet macular degeneration
- General eye wellness exams for glasses prescriptions and contact lens refills
- Medical School: Wayne State University School of Medicine
Internship & Residency
- Ophthalmology Residency, Wayne State University/Kresge Eye Institute. Detroit, Michigan
- Board Certified by the American Board of Ophthalmology
- 360.678.2020 or 360.321.6620
- 109 NE Birch Street Coupeville, WA 98239